Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Adventures in America 🇺🇸 part 1

From 1990 to 2002, and 2005 to 2013, my home was (and will be again) America. My America was mostly the wild west of Colorado, Kansas, and a year in California. 

I consider it my adopted home, so now living in the land of my birth, I consider myself an exile. 

In September, 2013 we (myself, wife and daughter) moved back to Wales, the land of my birth, to West Camp between Llantwit Major and St Athan, part of the old RAF St Athan. However things did not work out. My wife was going to teach, whilst I planned to get a job. 

However, the wife was let down by the agency she had worked quite well (and exploited by) who would let her work because she did not have QTS for Wales she did by the way have overseas QTS for England. Major difference in regulation between England and Wales. We pursued it but going to General Teaching Council and the then Welsh Assembly Government. It became a blame game between the 2. So we stayed. At the end of school year, my wife and daughter returned to the US. However when I was going to take a trip i discovered that I was, not allowed in. Due to the fact that I had overstayed in the US, I was banned from returning for a number of years. 

My wife visited me over the years. Unfortunately my daughter I could not see, she could not afford to visit, so that's why I had to go for a long overdue reunion with her and my other children 

Now finally after 10 years I was returning. I travelled up to London to the US Embassy

to  get the required Visitor's Visa which cost me a (worth it) chunk of cash. After a hard interview with a hard assed consular officer was finally approved after an afternoon of prayer at the spectacular Westminster Cathedral 
Surely God answered my prayers and I got it. This was October. I was able to plan my return. 

This was the first leg. I booked my time off and booked my flight with Jet Blue for this coming January (2024). Flying ✈️ to Raleigh, North Carolina via Boston. 

I was definitely excited. I was coming home! 

© [Michael Alan Cridland ] and [Morgan the Old ], [2024]. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to [Michael Alan Cridland ] and [Morgan the Old] with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment