Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lyn Hudson

I had written a post on a letter that was published in the South Wales Echo by Cllr Lyn Hudson, and though she did not equate belly dancing with lap dancing, I do wonder whter it is fair to equate it with striptease??

Lap-dance club is not needed

I WAS surprised to read that there is a lap-dancing venue planned for the basement of Gios restaurant in The Hayes, Cardiff (“Firm plans to open new lap-dancing club in city”, March 7).

I don’t want to be a killjoy, but why do we need them? Why do we have to have them? We will be complicit in accepting a cut in the moral standards of our city if we are complacent in granting licences for venues such as these.

We are already tolerant of pole dancing, striptease, burlesque and belly dancing, all of which require a degree of expertise and skill, but I place lap-dancing firmly in another league.

I am not convinced that we should pander to all tastes and I hope that Giovanni will reconsider allowing the premises to be used in this way. Knowing him and his family personally, I can’t believe they would approve of this action.

I sincerely hope that the application does not succeed.

Lyn Hudson

Welsh Conservative councillor, Cardiff



Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/letters-to-the-editor/south-wales-echo-letters/2011/03/22/tuesday-22-march-2011-91466-28377337/#ixzz1HKknxKnQ

No comments:

Post a Comment