Sunday, June 24, 2012

rain rain go away come again another day! Not












Forest fire this week in Manitou Springs picture taken by friends living there.





“Rain, rain go away come again another day” so goes the rhyme of my rain filled childhood in Wales. However since living in Colorado and Kansas in the middle of America, in what used to be known as the “great American Desert” , and desert it is, despite being the bread basket of America, however with the lack of rain and moisture we could end up as the basket case of America.

Every time I hear complaints from  friends and family about all the rain they get I think to myself how lucky they are, because this gives Wales one of its most precious resources, its water. Something that does not pollute but gives life.



The Mighty Arkansas River in south Dodge City in 1965 it burst it banks and flooded most of the city.


I will show them alternative. A dry summer last year when it was a 100F plus for over 40 days and the possibility of another one, except we had more rain thgis spring and as I type it is certainly more humid than last year.

I have lived in Colorado and Kansas for the last 20 odd years (except for 2002-05 and 2007-08 when I was back in Wales), Colorado has moisture at least because of the mountains and snow. Kansas is a different matter, we have very little snow and rain.

Colorado has been a tinderbox in Fort Collins, Este Park (home of the infamous hotel in the “Shining”)
Description: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Stanley_Hotel_Estes_Park_CO.jpg/250px-Stanley_Hotel_Estes_Park_CO.jpg

And fires just outside Manitou Springs.

So when my Welsh complain bout the rain just think what it must be like without it!?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment